Friday, February 22, 2008

We Were Warned

Brad and I watched Utah news last night. They were investigating some business scandal. Again. During this looming recession, we're all looking for a scapegoat. And we're finding them in mortgage companies, real estate agents, investment companies.

But in an economy like this, everyone is guilty. Including investors and naive homebuyers.

Did it have to be this way? Would things be different if all of us Mormons had taken President Hinkley seriously (see here and here) and saved money and built our food storages and watched the pride cycle in action?

I have no idea. But I think this recession will get worse. It will be bad enough to make us remember to be humble when the good times come again.

What I do know is: next time I will listen better. In the meantime, I'm still paying off my credit card.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Elise, those darned credit cards. I know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. I keep thinking that as soon as we move, I'll start building our food storage again. I'm about to nix that idea and just do the food storage thing.

    ReplyDelete