And with this recipe you'll never need one again.
WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT BROWNIES (Courtesy: Recipezaar)
35 min 10 min prep
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
*Whatever Floats Your Boat: 1-2 cup chocolate chips (semisweet, white, butterscotch, peanut butter) or raisins or chopped maraschino cherries or nuts or M&M's or Reese's pieces or miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8 inch square pan or line with foil.
- In a medium bowl combine melted butter and cocoa and stir until cocoa is dissolved.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time and stir until well combined.
- Stir in vanilla, flour and salt until you no longer see any flour (do not overmix).
- Fold in "WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT"!
- Spread in pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- DO NOT OVER-BAKE -- your brownies will come out dry. Adjust time/temp accordingly or your oven. If you do the knife/toothpick test, it should come out with moist crumbs, not clean.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
*I added in a cream cheese swirl: 8 oz cream cheese, 1/2 c sugar and 1 egg. Yum!