I don't save things anymore. I have had to move seventeen times and at some point I decided to make friends with the dumpster.
But now Grace is the pack-rat. A scavenging pack-rat. She does not favor only the trash bound items. She hunts for misplaced any things. And then she carts them around with her: in her hands, in the trunk of her tricycle, in her purse. It makes tidying our house close to impossible since there are piles of these things everywhere. And after I clean up, there are new ones.
Therefore, our house is never clean.
Today I took an inventory of her collection as it sat in her bike trunk:
- 1 cracked, plastic thermometer case
- A set of old Honda keys
- 1 small bottle of Mommy's favorite lotion
- 3 tubes of Mommy's favorite lipgloss, goobered on
- Mommy's missing crochet hook
- 2 rocks
- 4 broken crayons
- 1 of Daddy's business cards
- 1 slice of pumpkin bread, crumbled and stale
- 1 twisted electric wire
- Grace's missing toothbrush, full of pumpkin crumbs