Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Home Again

We are back. And by "we," I mean me and the girls. Brad has been hanging out in Carlsbad by himself for a total of three lonely weeks (minus the four days he spent with us at Christmas). We returned to Utah for a short visit with family, but spent most of our time in Texas. After all the flying, driving, and living out of a suitcase, I am glad to be planted at home again.

For Christmas, my little sister gave Grace a hand-me-down "Hello Kitty" purse. Since we've been home, Grace carries it everywhere. Yesterday, after a diaper change for Claire, I couldn't find her anywhere. Panicked, I ran to the front door and found it open. I ran outside and saw Grace all the way down the block, purse over her shoulder, turning left onto Kuykendall. She laughed and tried to escape when she saw me booking it behind her. When I caught up to her she told me in exasperation, "Mo-om, I was just going to school." With her hair chopped off and a purse slung across her little body, she's getting too old too fast.

This morning I thought she was about to pull a similar stunt when she asked me to open the door for her and her stuffed animal kitty.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"To the Future!!"

Too many viewings of "Meet the Robinsons," I think.

1 comment:

  1. So dang darling! I can't help but giggle when I read these stories, Grace is so darling. I love her so much. Thank you for sharing the with us, glad you guys are home safe and Brad isn't alone anymore.

    ReplyDelete