Sunday, January 13, 2008

Those Pearly Whites

Two tiny teeth have torn through Claire's bottom gum this week. As her parent I know I should be bursting with pride over this anticipated milestone, but alas, I am selfish, and my gut reaction is to wince in pain. I am nursing, you know. And biting hurts.

I well remember the first time Grace bit me. Brad had gotten home and we were just sitting in our living room talking to each other. I like to do that. Anyway, probably in the middle of some hilarious story Brad was telling about work, Grace bit me. For my own satisfaction I will inform you (or remind you) that being bit *there* sends pain surges to every nerve in your body. So, in response, I pulled Grace off of me and yelled. Pretty loud. You know, just workin' through the pain.

Brad stared at me, a little shocked.

In defense, I told him, "She bit me!"

Brad's face didn't change a bit. He looked at me like I had just deafened him and said, "Don't you think that was probably a little bit of an overreaction?"

"Really. Hmm. I don't know, Brad. Is it? Have you ever had someone bite your nipple? Would you like to try? I'll show you overreaction!" At which point a chase ensued.

And that is one argument I did win.

No comments:

Post a Comment