14 hours in a car with kids is too many.
1. At a gas station in Clines corners Grace stared in fascination at a man covered in tattoos. She turned to my mom and said, "We don't draw on our arms, Grandma Betsy."
2. At stores with big signs: "Look MOOMM!! It's my NAAAMME! It's the letter GEEEEE!!!" To her credit, she identifies the letter G (and L and S and C) very well, but I think my dad's poor ears would have benefitted from a more quiet identification. The kid is loud.
3. In an effort to keep her entertained: "Grace, honey, why don't you show mommy how you count to twenty?" "One, two, fwee, four, five, sits, seben, i-ete, nine, ten, leben, twelve, firteen, four, i-ete, two, four!" I guess thirteen is good enough.
4. Any time the word came up in an adult conversation (which happens more than you would think): "We DON'T say STUPID, Mommy!!"
5. At lunch time: "Gracie, do you think we should feed Claire too?" "Um, no. Cware, um, Cware eat Mommy's chest." Fabulous.