- Swine Flu: True. Swine Flu apparently mutates just like every other flu. Which means I could theoretically get it every year. And that would just be mean. Exaggerations: I feel bad about this one. It's really more of a lie. Brad vacuumed up the Moon Dough. He felt it would just be too much for me to handle. He was right.
- Fire Department Job: 100% true. Last May, we were living in Lubbock after Brad had decided that a Masters Degree in Engineering was not going to be worth his time. We didn't have a job. And the job search is kind of hard. We saw an ad for firefighters in Carlsbad (where we still owned our home). He tried out. He placed 6th overall, 2nd in the combat challenge (out of 30ish). If he'd had his EMT license he would have placed first or second overall. Anyway. Because of his lack of medical training, he didn't get a call until the beginning of this month. In the meantime, we moved back to our house in Carlsbad. He got a job as a Project Manager at an electrical company in town. He liked it. And when the Fire Department called, it was hard for him to quit his job. But he did. And he tried firefighting. And it turns out fire calls are not that exciting. Also, Brad's not really an adrenaline junkie, so it wouldn't matter if they were. There were lots of other reasons not to like it (the fumes from burning junk, the schedule, the pay)... So he asked for his old job back. And they did actually say they were "thrilled" to get him back. (I'm thrilled too... Even if I do miss him in uniform.)
- Baby Blues: True. It's getting better though since I cut back on the chocolate. Which is really sad. Because eating chocolate just feels so good. Exaggerations: I don't actually mutter to myself. I just want to. Also. It does not actually look like the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina around here. We have drywall. And working plumbing.
- Laundry: True. To Mom: This is a direct quote: "Elise, you are amazing. And the best wife ever. Thank you." Pretty sure if I cured cancer, he would say exactly the same thing.
- Quitting Preschool: False. People. I love preschool. Those little munchkins and I have a blast. Plus, it gives me a reason to clean my floors and my bathrooms twice a week. Bonus.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Only one of you guessed correctly. In all fairness, I exaggerated on the true ones a little more than I should have. I'll tell you where.