Friday, July 20, 2012

IHOP

Have you ever seen kids at restaurants who are holding DVD players and watching movies during dinner?

I have. I used to pass them and think with a sneer, "What are those parents teaching their children? Dinner is a time for talking and togetherness. What is this world coming to?!"

But life has consistently taught me the same horrible lesson. Over. and over. Every rude thought I have comes back to bite me.

It's not a fun thing to have happen to you.

I'm going to have to stop thinking.

Here is Weston. And his friend, George, at breakfast.

{This is his camera smile. I know, I know, you don't have to say it. All my children are destined for Hollywood modeling careers.} 

{Breakfast courtesy of this fine lady who--in addition to Weston and George--endured two other monsters crawling under the table and requiring bathroom trips and fighting over crayons. Love her. And the monsters. Most of the time.}

3 comments:

  1. I've been guilty of the same thoughts.

    Fortunately, we've never had the option of allowing our kids to watch dvd's or play on the iphone because we've been poor & have no such fancy toys.

    Our going out to eat excursions sound an awful lot like yours! Glad I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We let Ryan play a deer hunting shooting game on the iPad at nearly every meal along our 12 day road trip.

    I know exactly what that dirty look looks like. I tell myself that they are jealous that they have to wrestle their punks during meals, while I get to talk to Superman in peace and quiet. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It happens to me, too. Every day. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete