Saturday, February 14, 2009

Work Date

My Mom's been out of town this weekend. I miss her. For lots of reasons, including the fact that working without her at home is very difficult.

Luckily my employer is tolerant and accommodating.

Claire came to work with me on Tuesday. It was intended to be a very short thing. But it turned out to be a very long thing. And for the first two hours she was angelic--carrying around a cup of popcorn, looking in cabinets, smiling and chattering...

She was wonderful.

Right up until she found some peanut butter and smeared it all over my desk chair. 

We, of course, left shortly afterward. 

The scent of peanut butter, by contrast, still lingers. Still. 

But it makes me think of Claire. And that makes me happy even if a stinky chair doesn't.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a great employer, and you are a great mom! I love that the stinky chair makes you think of your daughter and smile. =) Being a mom is so fun... and so humiliating at times... but mostly just wonderful. =)

    ReplyDelete