Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A boring update. And a sad birthday.

I haven't blogged in a long time. I don't know why. I can't seem to make it to the computer. And then when I do, I can't think of anything interesting to say.

I might never have blogged again, except I spent Thanksgiving with my darling grandmother and she asked me why I haven't blogged in so long. She told me she checks regularly for a new blogpost. And then, in an effort to prove that to me, she recited from memory the post below. And, well, that is kind of sad. Especially considering the fact that it was no epic blogpost.

So now that it's two months after Thanksgiving, my guilty conscience has finally kicked in and I am writing.

Wow. This post is so boring so far that I am falling asleep writing it.

What to say.

I know. Rose. Rose turned a year old last Tuesday. Huge hallmark birthday. I have great pictures of all of my kids on their first birthdays. I am a good mom. Let me illustrate:


Grace with GG at her 1st birthday party


Claire eating her first traditional birthday mud pie at Grandma Betsy's


Weston eating a cake (courtesy of the talented Diane Ferguson [and Grandma Betsy who commissioned it]) at his joint birthday/BYU football birthday party (also at Grandma Betsy's)

And now here is our dear friend Rose on her first birthday:

Not even a cake for this one. Poor thing. 

Was I saying something about being a good mom earlier? 

2 comments:

  1. The good thing about first birthdays is you can get a do-over. delete the actual pictures, and take pictures of another day with cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And no update is boring! An update is an update! It doesn't need to be Pulitzer-worthy. We just love seeing the babies and seeing what you're up to. Love you guys. Need a tour of your new home!!

    ReplyDelete