Friday, November 7, 2008

Grace had been stalling all morning. As I've mentioned earlier, my mornings are early and hectic. And I was trying to get Grace dressed. Well, in a motherly, multi-tasking sort of way. Claire needed food.

I crack some eggs in the frying pan, throw the shells in the sink, and yell to Grace, "Do you have your pants on yet?"

"No....."

"Grace, you have to get dressed!" Grab a sippy cup, pour some milk, put it on Claire's tray, "Now do you have your pants on?"

"No....."

"Grace, you'd better have your pants on the next time I ask!" Scramble the eggs, place on tray, tear in pieces, cool them down, "GRACE! DO YOU HAVE YOUR PANTS ON?!"

"Yes, Mom!"

Wait.

Really?

I peer my head around the island to see a naked Grace with a grin. 

"Grace. Did you lie to me?" I muster--in my most ominous, shocked-sounding voice.

She breaks down in whimpers. "But Mo-om... [sniff...] I'm not lying!  I just want to tease! [sniff, sniff.]"

It was really. really. hard not to laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment